1. Built of rebar reinforced structural concrete to local seismic standards -Original architectural plans included in sale.
2. The Villa is 2,152.80 square feet (approx. 200 square meters). Lot size is 11,344.49 square feet (1,056.61 square meters) which is .26 acres.
3. Villa’s exterior, including all window wrought iron (security), newly painted 2015/2016.
4. All windows and doors rated for hurricane force winds.
5. Built to support both 110v and 220v (European) power supply.
6. Villa located on the front street at the highest elevation in the complex and located 600 meters from the ocean with constant prevailing north easterly winds.
7. Full 2 car carport with secured steel gated entrance.
8. All interior wood cabinets, doors, closets and furniture are termite proof and made of imported hardwoods (Pine/Mahogany)
9. In-ground 16X32 foot pool (approx. 20,000 gal.) re-surfaced/painted in August 2016.
10. All rooms have high-end Dominican style furnishings with ceiling fans.
11. Separate “casita” can be used as a maid or gardeners quarters (toilet/sink/outdoor shower). Currently being used as a workshop and houses a back-up 5.5KWH electric start, gasoline generator in case of power failure. A second section of this building also houses all pool equipment, a motor driven cistern with a 60 Gal. water tank, as well as the Villa’s stand-by power supply of 8 high-end batteries (new 2017) and inverter. This battery system automatically provides 2-3 days of power to the Villa in the event of a “city supplied power outage” after which the generator can take over the supply.
12. Villa is move-in ready and is being offered for sale with all furnishings, appliances, and kitchen equipment. Kitchen was re-done June 2016 and has plenty of storage and a family size pantry Stove is propane powered and the refrigerator was new in July 2016. Attached dining room includes dining table with 6 chairs and storage hutch of high end Dominican hardwoods with access to the rear patio, garden and pool.
13. Living room includes a 2 person sofa,4 person larger sofa and large chair all of same Dominican style wicker manufacture as well as a TV stand with storage drawers and a 4’ square glass topped coffee table (matches entire suite) Also includes a 42” TV, Cable Modem with Fibre Optic service and DVD Player.
14. Master bedroom occupies the entire second floor and includes an ensuite washroom with dual sinks, soaker tub and shower and toilet. A walk-in closet, king-size bedroom set and outdoor balcony with partial oceanview.
15. Downstairs 2 bedrooms, 1 with a 5 piece, queen size bedroom set and one with 2 custom-made twin beds and a night table, both of which will be great for family, guests or potential for a bed and breakfast operation.
16. Gardening equipment included, Gas Lawn mower (new2018), Gas Weed eater(new 2017)
17. Workshop includes: numerous miscellaneous tools including 7.1/4” circular saw, impact drill, finishing sander, painting equipment, workbench, tree trimmer etc. as well as the gasoline generator previously reported.
18. Carport equipment included: 3-Chaise loungers, Infrared BBQ (new 2017), large, 2 section dog kennel.
Security of the Villa:
1. Professionally installed security system which monitors all lower level doors and windows, wrought iron on all windows and interior motion sensors on all lower level rooms.
2. Property has vacant lots on all four sides for privacy and security.
3. Property is fenced with a 6’ stone wall on 3 sides with 4’ wall (all walls power-washed 2018) and new galvanized steel fencing (2018) along the front of the Villa with a galvanized steel lockable vehicle gate and separate pedestrian gate entrance (key lock)
4. Villa, as part of the Costa Azul complex, is “gated” with armed guards and the complex’s Home Owner’s Association maintains armed security guards 24/7 throughout the complex through a monthly HOA fee to all owners of $5,000 RD approx.. ($100.USD) for security. On-going maintenance of the entrance, common grounds and roadways as funds are available are included in the $5,000RD fee.
5. Outside Security Lighting on the property: 12 sensor controlled lights(on at dark)
10 in-house switch controlled lights
Grounds/Landscape of the Villa:
1. The property is approximately .26 of an acre and contains the following:
a. Numerous palm/style trees (21) and mature plants (12).
b. Mature hibiscus (19) and bougainvillea (7) plants.
c. Mature coconut trees (5) that yield approximately 100+ coconuts every 4-5 months.
d. Original banana trees bore their fruit a year ago and as such had to be removed. Two new trees have been recently planted as a replacement and will multiply on its own as it matures. Mango tree is now bearing fruit annually but the orange tree is too early to bear fruit.
e. Grounds have 15 Aloe plants.
f. A courtyard from the carport leads to a garden area that has a large trellis with numerous fragrant flowers that leads to a planned “Palapa” that unfortunately will not be finished before a sale of the Villa. The plan would include space for a BBQ and Bar Area. Estimated cost to complete with local labour approximately $2000 USD.
Proximity to the Ocean and Cabarete:
1. As indicated, the Villa is about 600 meters from the ocean but requires residents to exit through the main gate as direct access would require going through a designated farmland property that is well overgrown and vacant between the complex and the main connecting highway to Cabarete and the ocean. Such a walk will take about 5 minutes to get to the ocean. Once on the beach, you can walk to downtown Cabarete in about 45 minutes to 1 hour at a comfortable stroll.
2. Cabarete is world renowned for kite surfing, sailboarding, wind surfing, boogie boarding and hosts the Annual Masters of the Ocean Kitesurfing Championships with participants from all over the world.
3. Cabarete Beach hosts numerous excellent beach bars and eating establishments as well as a mecca for local paintings, handy crafts and general tourist trinkets.
Proximity to other centers:
1. 10 minutes by car to Sosua and the main grocery supply stores. Sosua Beach also provides access to daily fun Catamaran tours and Deep-sea fishing for many large fish such as marlin, tuna etc.
2. 20 minutes to Puerto Plata airport for local and international flight connections
3. 40 minutes to the city of Puerto Plata with its old world charm and sights.
4. 50 minutes to the Port of Maimon our Cruise Ship Port (a.k.a. Amber Cove) built and serviced by Carnival Cruise Lines with several monthly sailings.
5. 3.5-4hours to the Capital city of Santo Domingo and the International Airport. You can take Caribe Tours highway bus daily that takes about 5 hours for the equivalent of about $7.USD each way.
6. 4 hours to the south-east coast and home of many high-end all-inclusive resorts at Punta Cana.
7. 2 hours to Samana, beautiful Oceanside town famous for whale watching in season.
Why Blue Sail Realty?
Looking to purchase a Villa or Condo? Avoid feeling overwhelmed and use my experience and knowledge of the Dominican to find the vacation home of your dreams. Having moved to the Dominican from Canada we already know the transition process thoroughly and are now helping many others from all around the world make the same move.
Our core business value is "Client First". We believe in educating our clients about the real estate process in the Dominican Republic.
We rise up over the other realty companies in the DR by forging friendships with our clients that last long after finding them their dream vacation home.
We will personally pick you up at the airport to start your search.
We have a ocean front 3 bedroom villa right in the heart of Cabarete that we offer to our clients to stay for free if you end up purchasing a property.